January 12, 2018 11:11:28 AM
A 911 call Tuesday to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office resulted in the arrest of three Golden Triangle residents.
Ciji Garrard, 34, Waylon Sanders, 40, and Kenneth Wilkerson, 27, were arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and child endangerment.
According to Lowndes County Narcotics Capt. Archie Williams, the patrol division received a call about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday about a disturbance on Jess Lyons Road in Columbus. When officers arrived on the scene, Williams said, parties involved in the disturbance were gone. Officers drove to a home on Bethlehem Road in Caledonia to locate a person involved in the disturbance, Sanders, who was on probation by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
When officers arrived at the resident on Bethlehem Road, Williams said, Sanders and Garrard were attempting to back out of the driveway. Officers noticed a "strong smell" of marijuana coming from the residence, where an 8-year-old child and Wilkerson were still inside.
Officers obtained two search warrants and found paraphernalia and multiple grams of methamphetamine inside the house.
Officers contacted the child's grandmother and escorted the child to her grandmother's home in West Point where she remains.
Garrard, Sanders and Wilkerson are all still in custody. No bonds have been set, and they are expected to appear in court today.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY