January 11, 2018 11:12:04 AM
Bond was denied for a murder suspect accused of shooting and killing a man outside the Motel 6 last month.
Authorities arrested Johnathan Majors II, 27, Tuesday after finding him in an abandoned house in Columbus where he had apparently been sleeping. Majors was charged with one count of murder and a judge denied bond for him Wednesday.
Investigators with Columbus Police Department have been searching for Majors since Dec. 22, the day he allegedly shot and killed 27-year-old Michael Garth at the Motel 6 on Highway 45 shortly after midnight. Officers who responded to the scene found Garth outside the motel, and Garth died at the scene.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY