December 28, 2017 10:05:29 AM
A Starkville man was arrested late last week for reportedly firing a gun near an apartment complex.
On Friday, officers responded to a report of someone firing a weapon at the Brooksville Garden apartments on Everglade Avenue. Upon arrival, officers found 27-year-old Dwuantario Reed, who attempted to flee the area.
Reed, a Starkville resident, was arrested on suspicion of discharging a firearm in the city, possession of a weapon by a felon, public drunkenness, simple assault and disorderly conduct. No injuries were reported in the incident, according to SPD Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady.
Reed was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail, and his bond was set at $7,457.75.
Reed is next scheduled to appear in municipal court on Jan. 29, 2018.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY