December 16, 2017 10:05:59 PM
State authorities are searching for a Clay County man after seizing more than $10,000 worth of methamphetamine from his home.
State narcotics agents and Clay County officers found 106 grams of methamphetamine with an approximated street value of $10,620 when they executed a search warrant at the residence of Marcus Torell Starks, 36, of Pheba, according to a Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics press release. Starks fled when officers attempted to arrest him Thursday.
Starks is a suspect in an ongoing investigation which has been open 18 months, the press release said. He faces charges from the sale of methamphetamine to felony fleeing, MBN Director John Dowdy said in the press release.
Clay County Sheriff's Office and West Point Police Department assisted in the investigation.
Anyone with information on Starks' whereabouts is asked to call local police or MBN at 1-800-844-6272.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY