December 1, 2017 10:08:57 AM
A Starkville woman is behind bars for embezzlement after she allegedly stole several thousand dollars in electronics to sell online while working for UPS.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Bralan Ashanti Logen, 20, of 21 Ace Ave., Wednesday. According to a press release from LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley, UPS recently hired Logen to work at the UPS loading terminal in Lowndes County. While loading trucks, she allegedly stole several electronics -- including Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy phones, an iPad and headphones. Miley said Logen then sold the items online.
Lowndes investigators have recovered most of the stolen property, Miley said.
Logen is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY