December 1, 2017 10:08:57 AM
A Starkville woman is behind bars for embezzlement after she allegedly stole several thousand dollars in electronics to sell online while working for UPS.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Bralan Ashanti Logen, 20, of 21 Ace Ave., Wednesday. According to a press release from LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley, UPS recently hired Logen to work at the UPS loading terminal in Lowndes County. While loading trucks, she allegedly stole several electronics -- including Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy phones, an iPad and headphones. Miley said Logen then sold the items online.
Lowndes investigators have recovered most of the stolen property, Miley said.
Logen is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY