November 12, 2017 1:49:03 AM
A Columbus teenager is behind bars after allegedly stealing a vehicle and leading Lowndes County deputies on a chase down Highway 45 North.
Dylan Wayne Langford, 18, of 402 Idlewild Road, drove off in his neighbor's vehicle while she was in a convenience store buying motor oil Tuesday, the victim told Lowndes County Sheriff's Office investigators. Chief Deputy Marc Miley said deputies attempted to pull Langford over a few minutes later when they saw the vehicle. Instead of stopping, Langford drove off.
The chase led from Highway 373 to Highway 45 North and into Columbus, Miley said. Deputies deployed spikes and eventually blocked Langford's vehicle in at a gas station at the intersection of Bluecutt Road and Highway 45.
Miley said officers with Columbus Police Department assisted with the arrest.
Langford was taken into custody and charged with felony taking of a motor vehicle and misdemeanor fleeing or eluding in a motor vehicle. He is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $15,000 combined bond.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Arrest report 6-21-18 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY