November 10, 2017 11:38:32 AM
A West Point man is behind bars for an assault that landed one person in the hospital for facial reconstructive surgery.
Deputies with Clay County Sheriff's Office arrested Raheem Johnson, 23, at about noon Thursday. A CCSO press release said Johnson's arrest stemmed from an incident in a bar in the western part of Clay County.
Johnson allegedly struck the victim in the face with a beer bottle, the press release said. The victim was taken to a Memphis, Tennessee, hospital for facial reconstruction surgery.
Johnson is charged with one count of aggravated assault manifesting in extreme indifference to life. He is currently in custody at Clay County Jail and his bond has not been set.
CCSO is still investigating the assault and Sheriff Eddie Scott has asked anyone with information on the crime to call his office at 662-494-2896 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Arrest report 6-21-18 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY