November 10, 2017 11:03:32 AM
Investigators with Columbus Police Department are asking for the public's help finding a suspect accused of intimidating a witness.
CPD identified the suspect as Joanne Smith, 36, in a press release Thursday. A warrant was issued for Smith's arrest Tuesday.
Smith allegedly intimidated a witness at the Premier Lounge on 22nd Street South on Nov. 4, the press release said.
CPD officials did not indicate whether the charge is related to an officer-involved shooting of 24-year-old Raymond Davis, which occurred on the same day at the Premier Lounge. CPD patrolman Jared Booth shot and killed Davis at the 22nd Street night club early that morning during a disturbance call.
Authorities report body camera footage shows Davis had a gun at the time of the shooting.
Smith was also arrested for intimidating a witness in a separate case in August. She was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $5,000 bond.
Investigators said Smith's two intimidating a witness charges are related.
Intimidating a witness carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison, the press release said.
Anyone with information on Davis is asked to call CPD at 662-244-3552 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY