November 10, 2017 11:03:32 AM
Starkville police arrested a Starkville man and a juvenile Thursday for five combined counts of auto burglary.
The department arrested 22-year-old Demonta Ward on suspicion of three counts of auto burglary and one count of grand larceny of a motor vehicle. Another suspect, who SPD did not identify due to being a juvenile, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of auto burglary.
Both suspects were arrested for auto burglaries at an apartment complex on Locksley Way, according to SPD. Ward was also arrested for a third auto burglary and the grand larceny charge for an incident on South Nash Street.
Ward was arrested in December 2016 in connection with a stolen vehicle report originating from Saxon Apartments on Locksley Way. He also faced additional charges for another automobile theft reported in November 2016 on Lummus Street.
Ward was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail on $25,000 bond. He had not bonded out as of Friday morning, according to jail personnel.
The juvenile was processed through youth court, according to SPD.
In an unrelated matter, officers arrested 19-year-old Jaquavious Evans, of Maben, Wednesday on suspicion of accessory after the fact. Evans was arrested in connection to an auto burglary reported on Eudora Welty Drive shortly before his arrest.
The burglary suspects in that incident have not yet been charged.
Evans was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail. He's out on $5,000 bond, according to jail personnel.
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Luckett resigning from SOCSD school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man charged for striking Starkville officer STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY