A New Hope teenager died Saturday night and three other people were injured in a two-vehicle accident on Highway 82 West near the GTR Regional Air Port exit. Antaves Rotalren Petty, 16, was one of four occupants in the Dodge car shown. The driver of the Jeep that rear-ended the Dodge was also injured. Photo by: Luisa Porter/Dispatch Staff
November 4, 2017 11:49:34 PM
A fatal wreck on Highway 82 West claimed the life of a New Hope High School student on Saturday night.
Antaves Rotalren Petty, 16, died at the scene of the two-vehicle accident, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Officers with Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to the crash at about 6:47 p.m. near the GTR Regional Airport exit, where a yellow Jeep rear-ended a gray Dodge Charger, MHP Master Sergeant Criss Turnipseed said.
Petty was one of four occupants in the Dodge, Turnipseed said. The other three occupants, as well as the Jeep's driver and lone occupant, were taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle with unknown injuries.
MHP is investigating the wreck.
Zack Plair is the managing editor for The Dispatch.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY