October 12, 2017 3:54:49 PM
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies are seeking both a suspect and a person of interest in a Sept. 29 shooting on Highway 69.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Cortez Rashun Young, 22, of West Point on a count of aggravated assault, Capt. Greg Wright said Thursday.
Deputies are seeking 28-year-old Antwon Marquis Williams, also of West Point as a person of interest.
The male victim told deputies he was standing in his yard on the 3000 block of Highway 69 South just after midnight when a vehicle pulled up, The Dispatch previously reported. Then a man the victim claims he does not know exited and began shooting at him.
Wright said Thursday the victim was shot four times, including in the abdomen and back, and was released from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle on Friday.
Though the victim claims he did not know his attacker, Chief Deputy Marc Miley previously told The Dispatch investigators do not believe the shooting was random and suspect the victim and shooter do actually know each other.
Anyone with information on Young's or Williams' whereabouts is asked to contact Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY