October 11, 2017 11:09:28 AM
Columbus Police Department has arrested a Florida man for the alleged statutory rape of a child under the age of 14.
According to a CPD press release, a report filed on Sept. 13 accused William Matthew White, 18, of Fort Walton Beach, of an illegal relationship with the child. CPD investigators found probable cause to support the claim and issued a warrant for White's arrest on Sept. 28. The suspect was arrested Monday at a Columbus hotel.
White is being held at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond is set at $75,000.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY