October 11, 2017 11:09:22 AM
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested a man Monday after he allegedly spent Sunday harassing a woman by showing up repeatedly at her home and making threatening phone calls to both her and emergency services.
Officers made multiple visits to the victim's home on Highway 45 North, where she reported Steven Lee Price, Sr., 49, who she said lives behind her in the woods, had been showing up intermittently at her home and sending threatening text messages to her phone, according to a press release from LCSO. The victim told deputies Price would hide in the woods watching her home, wait until they had gone and then return to harass her more.
Price eventually called the victim during one of the visits by deputies and threatened to cut a part of her body off, the press release said. When deputies over the phone told Price to leave the victim alone, he threatened the deputies and hung up.
Price then allegedly called 911 where he made more threats against officers.
Deputies found and arrested Price behind a building on Jess Lyons Road.
Price's bond for the cyberstalking charge if $25,000. With the misdemeanors, his total bond is about $26,190.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY