October 11, 2017 11:10:17 AM
Two Crawford residents are behind bars for an alleged sexual assault of a juvenile in Artesia.
Investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Jeffery Rachell Jackson, 44, of 560 Will Hairston Road in Crawford, and Jasmine Cierra Coleman, 25, of 321 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Crawford and charged them each with one count of sexual battery.
LCSO deputies received a report Oct. 3 that Jackson and Coleman attacked a female juvenile in a van in Artesia, according to an email from LCSO. Investigators said Jackson was driving the victim around when he allegedly stopped and sexually assaulted her while Coleman watched. Coleman told the victim she would kill her if she resisted, according to the victim's report.
After the assault, the victim escaped the van and ran into the woods.
Deputies arrested Coleman at her home Friday and Jackson at his home Saturday.
Both Coleman and Jackson had bonds set at $50,000 each and were booked in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. Jackson has since bonded out.
The email from LCSO said the investigation is ongoing and there may be more charges filed.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY