September 12, 2017 10:31:34 AM
OXFORD -- Two men are charged with kidnapping and raping a University of Mississippi student.
Panola County District Attorney John Champion said investigators filed charges Monday against Charles Roger Prince, 34 and Kedrick Kevon Norwood, 28.
The men are jailed in Panola County and have yet to go before a judge who will decide on bail for one count of rape and one count of kidnapping. Champion said neither man has a lawyer at this time to speak for him.
The Oxford Police Department said in a news release Monday that two women accepted a ride early Sunday from two men they didn't know. Champion said Oxford police have provided video of the women leaving the town square in a gray Honda Pilot.
The news release said that after riding around for about an hour, both women exited the vehicle. But one got back in and was taken to a house in Panola County, where "she was held against her will."
Oxford police said authorities received a tip with the woman's location late Sunday, more than 18 hours later. Panola County deputies retrieved her without further injury. Champion said the suspects were brought in for questioning early Monday.
1. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond denied for Walmart shooting suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY