July 13, 2017 9:51:29 AM
A Columbus man is behind bars after he allegedly used a debit card he stole from a van.
Lowndes County deputies on Friday arrested Bobby Monroe Reeves, 35, of 5538 Highway 182 East, on charges related to burglary and credit card fraud, a day after Reeves allegedly used someone else's debit card.
Reeves allegedly broke into the van in the county July 5 where he stole several items, including the debit card, LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said. The next day, he used the card for purchases at several different Lowndes County convenience stores.
While Rickert did not note the exact amount of money Reeves allegedly spent on the card, he said it was "not an exorbitant amount."
Reeves was charged with burglary and intent to defraud using a credit card. His bond has been set at $7,500. He has also been charged with violation of parole.
Reeves has previous non-violent felony convictions from Lowndes County. He is currently listed as a parolee with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for a 2011 possession of amphetamines charge and a 2013 grand larceny charge.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY