July 7, 2017 10:51:05 AM
Investigators with the Columbus Police Department have released the name of the suspect in a shooting at United Deli Wednesday.
CPD officers arrested Quinton Hayden, 33, of 614 Sycamore Street, Wednesday in connection with the shooting, according to a press release. A single shot was fired outside United Deli on Gardner Boulevard just after noon Wednesday after two men fought -- even going so far as to chase each other with a stick and a baseball bat -- by the gas pumps outside the East Columbus deli. Both the shooter and the victim had left the scene by the time police arrived.
No one was injured as the shot did not hit anyone.
Police spoke with both Hayden and the other man involved in the fight Wednesday, but the press release lists only Hayden as being taken into custody.
Hayden has been charged with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, though CPD Chief Oscar Lewis said more charges may be pending.
Municipal Court Judge Rhonda Ellis set Hayden's bond at $10,000. He is still being held in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
In 2002, Hayden was convicted of one count of burglary of a dwelling and one count burglary and larceny of a dwelling, according to Lowndes County Circuit Court records. He was sentenced to three years in the Mississippi Department of Corrections and five years post-release supervision. His probation was revoked in 2011 and he served five more years in MDOC.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The view from above: Flights offer insight into Wings Over Columbus acts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photos: Super Bulldog Weekend STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY