July 6, 2017 10:41:39 AM
A Starkville man is due in court next month after he allegedly assaulted a police officer.
Bennie B. Hubbard, 46, was charged with a felony for simple assault and two misdemeanors -- disorderly conduct and resisting arrest -- Tuesday after an incident at the New Light Road Sprint Mart.
Starkville Police Department did not release any other details about the incident or any information about Hubbard's bond.
His initial appearance is scheduled for Aug. 7.
Officers are also searching for a man who allegedly burglarized the Verizon Wireless store June 29.
SPD released a photo of an African-American male who allegedly broke into an Alabama Verizon Wireless store under similar circumstances.
The department's public information officer, Brandon Lovelady, previously told The Dispatch the burglary reportedly happened between 3 and 4 a.m. A Verizon store on Highway 45 in Columbus was also reported burglarized at about 3 a.m. the same day.
Anyone with any information about these or any other incidents can call SPD at 662-323-4131 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
Crime Stoppers may offer a cash reward for information that results in a conviction.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY