July 3, 2017 9:53:54 AM
Authorities are investigating two burglaries at Verizon Wireless stores in the Golden Triangle.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department responded to an alarm at the Verizon store on Highway 45 at 3 a.m. Thursday, according to a press release. When officers arrived at the business, they found a large white rock inside the store that had apparently shattered the front right glass door. Several items in the store were missing.
Another burglary was reported between 3 and 4 a.m. Thursday at the Verizon store on Highway 12 West in Starkville, according to Starkville Police Department Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady. SPD did not release any other information on the incident.
Columbus investigators described the burglary suspect as an unknown male in a red or pink hooded jacket, blue stonewashed jeans and black shoes, according to the press release.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact CPD at 662-244-3552 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY