July 3, 2017 9:53:54 AM
Authorities are investigating two burglaries at Verizon Wireless stores in the Golden Triangle.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department responded to an alarm at the Verizon store on Highway 45 at 3 a.m. Thursday, according to a press release. When officers arrived at the business, they found a large white rock inside the store that had apparently shattered the front right glass door. Several items in the store were missing.
Another burglary was reported between 3 and 4 a.m. Thursday at the Verizon store on Highway 12 West in Starkville, according to Starkville Police Department Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady. SPD did not release any other information on the incident.
Columbus investigators described the burglary suspect as an unknown male in a red or pink hooded jacket, blue stonewashed jeans and black shoes, according to the press release.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact CPD at 662-244-3552 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY