June 15, 2017 10:48:36 AM
A Columbus man is charged with embezzlement his employer's gas credit card for personal purchases.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Sidney White, 36, of 1511 12th Ave. N., Tuesday after the owner of Mid-South Signs, where White works, reported suspicious usages on the company's Shell Fuel Card. White allegedly used the card for gas filling up unauthorized vehicles, according to Lowndes County Justice Court documents.
The owner said the card had been used without authorization more than 30 times since April l and the amount of improper usage totaled about $1,4601.28. According to court documents, White confessed to a deputy while he was at work. Investigators also collected video footage showing White using the card at the Shell station on Main Street.
White is out of Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $5,000 bond.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY