June 15, 2017 10:48:36 AM
A Columbus man is charged with embezzlement his employer's gas credit card for personal purchases.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Sidney White, 36, of 1511 12th Ave. N., Tuesday after the owner of Mid-South Signs, where White works, reported suspicious usages on the company's Shell Fuel Card. White allegedly used the card for gas filling up unauthorized vehicles, according to Lowndes County Justice Court documents.
The owner said the card had been used without authorization more than 30 times since April l and the amount of improper usage totaled about $1,4601.28. According to court documents, White confessed to a deputy while he was at work. Investigators also collected video footage showing White using the card at the Shell station on Main Street.
White is out of Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $5,000 bond.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY