June 14, 2017 11:07:51 AM
A Lowndes County man on the Sex Offender Registry is behind bars for failing to check in with the Department of Public Safety within the required 90 days.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Devirio Khiry Frierson, 27, of 407 23rd St. S., on Monday. Back in 2011, Frierson was convicted of photographing or filming another without permission where there is an expectation of privacy, according to the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry.
Mississippi law requires registered sex offenders to report to local Highway Patrol offices every 90 days to be photographed and verify or report changes in address, employment and other information.
Frierson's bond has not been set. He remains in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY