June 14, 2017 11:07:51 AM
A Lowndes County man on the Sex Offender Registry is behind bars for failing to check in with the Department of Public Safety within the required 90 days.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Devirio Khiry Frierson, 27, of 407 23rd St. S., on Monday. Back in 2011, Frierson was convicted of photographing or filming another without permission where there is an expectation of privacy, according to the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry.
Mississippi law requires registered sex offenders to report to local Highway Patrol offices every 90 days to be photographed and verify or report changes in address, employment and other information.
Frierson's bond has not been set. He remains in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY