June 3, 2017 10:04:29 PM
The Commercial Dispatch's decade-long tradition of recognizing outstanding area businesses will continue this year as voting for its annual Best of the Triangle competition takes place this month.
In an effort to increase participation, The Dispatch will offer readers the option to submit their votes online for the first time in the contest's history.
"In the past, voters had to turn their ballots in to our Columbus office," said Peter Imes, general manager. "Online voting is going to truly make it a Golden Triangle contest."
The contest allows Dispatch readers to vote in over 100 different categories to determine the "best" and "among the best" businesses and services offered throughout the area.
"Best of the Triangle is by far our most popular section of the year, and our readers, as well as our local business owners, look forward to its publication each September," said Beth Proffitt, director of advertising.
She said delivering Best of the Triangle certificates to the winners is one of her department's favorite tasks.
The Dispatch will continue to run a paper ballot each Sunday in June and will accept online and traditional paper ballots through 5 p.m. June 26. To vote visit cdispatch.com/best or fill out a paper ballot and deliver it to the Columbus office at 516 Main St.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY