May 31, 2017 10:43:33 AM
Hamilton native Chelsea Thompson Baulch has taken a position as executive director at the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce.
She will officially start her new role June 12.
Baulch grew up in Monroe County where she still lives. She attended Mississippi State University and has served as project manager for the Golden Triangle Development LINK for the past five years. In that position, she has researched development leads, maintained databases on property and produced marketing and recruitment materials.
"The Chamber has various new economic projects on the drawing board, and I feel Chelsea has the right skills and background to carry these projects forward," board of directors chairman Jack Campbell said, adding that she already has connections with key development organizations in the region including Mississippi Development Authority and North Mississippi Industrial Development Association.
Baulch said she is excited and honored to take the new position and said she looks forward to working with elected officials and other community partners to recruit more industry for Monroe County.
"I'm sad to leave my family (at the LINK) but excited to take the experiences and opportunities I've learned here and move those forward and hopefully have some positive change back home," she said.
LINK CEO Joe Max Higgins said Baulch "may be competition now, but she'll always be family."
"(She) displayed a rapid ability to learn and an unmatched work ethic," he said in an email to The Dispatch. "We are sad to lose her, but look forward to watching her succeed and grow in the profession."
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY