May 19, 2017 10:40:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for a shooting in March.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Willie Foxx, 28, of Columbus, and charged him with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting at an acquaintance on March 5, according to a CPD press release. The unidentified victim was visiting his children at Foxx's residence when he and Foxx began arguing. According to the press release, Foxx fired one shot at the victim.
CPD Assistant Chief Fred Shelton said Foxx is dating the children's mother, who has been separated from the victim for about three years. The victim was not hurt.
Foxx has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention center after posting $40,000 bond.
1. Delta crash response: 'A somber, purpose-driven' mood COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Second Baptist feud over construction intensifies STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Property swap may be option for Southside project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY