May 19, 2017 10:40:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for a shooting in March.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Willie Foxx, 28, of Columbus, and charged him with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting at an acquaintance on March 5, according to a CPD press release. The unidentified victim was visiting his children at Foxx's residence when he and Foxx began arguing. According to the press release, Foxx fired one shot at the victim.
CPD Assistant Chief Fred Shelton said Foxx is dating the children's mother, who has been separated from the victim for about three years. The victim was not hurt.
Foxx has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention center after posting $40,000 bond.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY