May 19, 2017 10:40:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for a shooting in March.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Willie Foxx, 28, of Columbus, and charged him with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting at an acquaintance on March 5, according to a CPD press release. The unidentified victim was visiting his children at Foxx's residence when he and Foxx began arguing. According to the press release, Foxx fired one shot at the victim.
CPD Assistant Chief Fred Shelton said Foxx is dating the children's mother, who has been separated from the victim for about three years. The victim was not hurt.
Foxx has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention center after posting $40,000 bond.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY