May 19, 2017 10:40:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for a shooting in March.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Willie Foxx, 28, of Columbus, and charged him with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting at an acquaintance on March 5, according to a CPD press release. The unidentified victim was visiting his children at Foxx's residence when he and Foxx began arguing. According to the press release, Foxx fired one shot at the victim.
CPD Assistant Chief Fred Shelton said Foxx is dating the children's mother, who has been separated from the victim for about three years. The victim was not hurt.
Foxx has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention center after posting $40,000 bond.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY