May 19, 2017 10:39:15 AM
A man previously implicated in an "arson for hire" plot in Clay County is now behind bars for allegedly distilling moonshine.
Michael Tribble, 54, of Cedar Bluff, is in Clay County Jail facing charges of possession of a weapon by a felon and possession of a moonshine distillery, according to a press release from Clay County Sheriff's Office.
CCSO deputies and officers from Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics arrested Tribble and seized multiple distilleries and "several gallons of moonshine" at the suspect's home Wednesday.
Agents also seized a vehicle and weapon at Tribble's residence, the press release said.
Tribble was arrested in August 2016 for arson and several other charges after he allegedly hired a group of arsonists from Pheba to burn some rental property he owns for insurance money. The home that was burned was on Tribble Road in western Clay County. All members of the family renting the home were unharmed in the fire but lost all their belongings. Tribble's court date in that case is scheduled for July 24.
Tribble has a long line of felonies, going back to the 1980s, including a grand larceny conviction in July 1981, two burglary convictions in April 1983, another grand larceny conviction in October 1989 and possession of a weapon by a felon in October 2003, according to Clay County Circuit Court documents.
Tribble's bond for the moonshine charges has not yet been set.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott said the investigation is ongoing and asked anyone with information to contact CCSO at 662-494-2896 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Person injured in reported accidental shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY