March 16, 2017 10:14:59 AM
Soup's on at 125 Hwy. 12 W. in Starkville for the first time since Chili's closed there in July 2016.
Tex-Mex Restaurant No Way Jose will host its grand opening at 5 p.m. today.
Renovations began in September to convert the 3,929 square-foot building to its fresh look with a new name. No Way Jose in Starkville is the sixth restaurant the Martinez family has opened in Mississippi, with other locations in West Point, Greenwood, Cleveland, Grenada and Houston.
The restaurant's Facebook page promises a diverse menu of "high-quality Mexican dishes, great seafood and southern cuisine."
The former Chili's restaurant in Columbus, featuring similar floor plan with 3,929 square feet of restaurant space, remains available for sale through the Shopping Center Group.
The Sundial Boutique, also located in Starkville, closed March 2.
Located at 102 S. Lafayette St., the boutique offered unique clothes, handmade jewelry and "funky stuff you won't find anywhere else around." It originally opened in 1993. Owner Nichelle Belue closed the store following the passing of her husband, Brad Belue.
During this time the Firefly Yoga Studio, also located at 102 S. Lafayette St. and owned by Belue, temporarily closed. Firefly resumed operation March 6.
In Columbus, Bargain Hunt has opened its doors ahead of schedule. With a grand opening planned for March 17, the store, located at 2312 Hwy. 45 N., opened its doors March 15.
The Sherman Business Report is a weekly column that runs each Thursday. We want your input. Send items and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org or CWSherman93@gmail.com
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer faces suspension for pointing Taser at shackled man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY