March 14, 2017 10:10:42 AM
An Alabama teen found herself behind bars at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after she allegedly punched a police officer Sunday.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Anastasia McCaa, 19, of Pickensville, for simple assault on a police officer, along with the misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
The incident happened when officers responded to a disturbance call at the Columbus Inn and Suites, according to a CPD press release. When they arrived, McCaa reportedly punched an officer in the chest multiple times before being arrested.
The officer who was assaulted was not harmed, said CPD Capt. Brent Swan.
Assaulting a police officer or any other government employee is an automatic felony regardless of whether the suspect used a weapon.
McCaa's bond was set at $20,000 for assaulting an officer and $412 for resisting arrest. She was released Monday.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY