March 14, 2017 10:10:39 AM
A Caledonia man is accused of choking a family member.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Brian Smith, 26, of 14337 Hwy. 12, at a Cal-Kolola Road location on Monday morning. Smith had an aggravated domestic violence warrant out for him for several days, Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Smith allegedly choked a female family member during an argument at his home on March 8. The victim was not seriously injured, but any time a suspect chokes a victim in a domestic assault case, the crime becomes an automatic felony.
Smith was also charged with possession of methamphetamines and is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond was set at $5,000 for possession but has not yet been set for aggravated domestic violence.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. College View, 550 Russell projects moving forward STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY