March 14, 2017 10:10:37 AM
A Starkville man will make his initial in Starkville Municipal Court next month after he allegedly kicked a police officer this weekend.
Marco L. Brown, 31, faces one felony count of simple assault on a police officer stemming from a traffic accident on Highway 182 about 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
He also faces a misdemeanor charge for second-offense driving under the influence, a Starkville Police Department release states.
Brown's bond was set at $6,261.
SPD released no additional information about the arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY