March 14, 2017 10:10:37 AM
A Starkville man will make his initial in Starkville Municipal Court next month after he allegedly kicked a police officer this weekend.
Marco L. Brown, 31, faces one felony count of simple assault on a police officer stemming from a traffic accident on Highway 182 about 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
He also faces a misdemeanor charge for second-offense driving under the influence, a Starkville Police Department release states.
Brown's bond was set at $6,261.
SPD released no additional information about the arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. College View, 550 Russell projects moving forward STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY