March 14, 2017 10:10:37 AM
A Starkville man will make his initial in Starkville Municipal Court next month after he allegedly kicked a police officer this weekend.
Marco L. Brown, 31, faces one felony count of simple assault on a police officer stemming from a traffic accident on Highway 182 about 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
He also faces a misdemeanor charge for second-offense driving under the influence, a Starkville Police Department release states.
Brown's bond was set at $6,261.
SPD released no additional information about the arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY