March 10, 2017 10:56:16 AM
A man previously charged with cyberstalking and aggravated domestic assault is back behind bars on another cyberstalking charge.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Adrian Gamory, Jr., 29, of 4156 Sand Road in Steens, Wednesday after the suspect allegedly spent about 24 hours sending threatening text messages to an ex-girlfriend, Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Gamory was arrested last month for allegedly breaking into the ex-girlfriend's home, dragging her across the floor by her hair, choking her and telling her how easy it would be to kill her family. He was charged with burglary of a dwelling and aggravated domestic violence in the incident.
The victim was not seriously harmed or hospitalized, Rickert said.
At the time of his first arrest, there was already a cyberstalking warrant out for him after he allegedly sent harassing messages to a different woman via text, email and Facebook messages.
Gamory's bond has not been set, and he is still in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY