February 28, 2017 11:06:09 AM
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The National Weather Service says Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia are all at risk for severe weather on Wednesday.
The Storm Prediction Center says a weather system moving eastward across the Deep South could spawn severe thunderstorms with high winds and isolated, brief tornadoes.
The areas at greatest risk include northeastern Mississippi, northern Alabama, and the northwestern corner of Georgia. The chances of strong storms are lower near the coast.
Forecasters say there's an enhanced risk of severe weather from eastern Tennessee all the way north to West Virginia.
1. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY