February 15, 2017 10:26:04 AM
A Columbus man accused of shooting a family member in the leg at a hotel Monday night faces aggravated domestic violence charges, according to a press release from the Columbus Police Department.
Officers with the CPD arrested Parish Brewer, 24, of 172 Swedenburg Circle, at the Columbus Inn and Suites on Highway 45 North Monday night. Brewer and a 24-year-old female family member were staying at the hotel when he allegedly shot her in the leg shortly before 7 p.m. The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she was treated and released that night.
The Dispatch does not identify victims of domestic violence.
Brewer was also charged with possession of a weapon by a felon. He was denied bond based on a hold from the Mississippi Department of Corrections, where he is currently on probation. Brewer has a previous robbery charge from Georgia.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY