February 15, 2017 10:26:04 AM
A Columbus man accused of shooting a family member in the leg at a hotel Monday night faces aggravated domestic violence charges, according to a press release from the Columbus Police Department.
Officers with the CPD arrested Parish Brewer, 24, of 172 Swedenburg Circle, at the Columbus Inn and Suites on Highway 45 North Monday night. Brewer and a 24-year-old female family member were staying at the hotel when he allegedly shot her in the leg shortly before 7 p.m. The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she was treated and released that night.
The Dispatch does not identify victims of domestic violence.
Brewer was also charged with possession of a weapon by a felon. He was denied bond based on a hold from the Mississippi Department of Corrections, where he is currently on probation. Brewer has a previous robbery charge from Georgia.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY