January 11, 2017 10:30:09 AM
JACKSON -- Former Mississippi Gov. William Winter remains in fair condition as he recovers from head injuries after falling on his icy driveway.
University of Mississippi Medical Center spokeswoman Ruth Cummins says Winter was moved Tuesday from the intensive care unit to a regular room at the hospital.
The 93-year-old Winter was walking his miniature schnauzer, Charlie Brown, when he slipped and fell Saturday outside his north Jackson home. It happened a day after a storm system left a coating of sleet in central Mississippi as it moved through the South.
Winter, a Democrat, was governor from 1980 to 1984.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY