January 11, 2017 10:30:09 AM
JACKSON -- Former Mississippi Gov. William Winter remains in fair condition as he recovers from head injuries after falling on his icy driveway.
University of Mississippi Medical Center spokeswoman Ruth Cummins says Winter was moved Tuesday from the intensive care unit to a regular room at the hospital.
The 93-year-old Winter was walking his miniature schnauzer, Charlie Brown, when he slipped and fell Saturday outside his north Jackson home. It happened a day after a storm system left a coating of sleet in central Mississippi as it moved through the South.
Winter, a Democrat, was governor from 1980 to 1984.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY