January 10, 2017 10:12:06 AM
A Caledonia man is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for allegedly stealing a friend's pick-up truck.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Blake Edward Burke, 20, of 5500 Cal-Kolola Road, on Sunday, LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Burke allegedly stole a friend's pick-up near Cal-Kolola Road on New Year's Day. Deputies found the pick-up near the location it was stolen from later that night, Rickert said.
Burke, who was also picked up on a grand larceny indictment from a previous incident, was charged with one count of felony taking of a motor vehicle. His bond has been set at $12,500.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY