January 10, 2017 10:12:06 AM
A Caledonia man is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for allegedly stealing a friend's pick-up truck.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Blake Edward Burke, 20, of 5500 Cal-Kolola Road, on Sunday, LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Burke allegedly stole a friend's pick-up near Cal-Kolola Road on New Year's Day. Deputies found the pick-up near the location it was stolen from later that night, Rickert said.
Burke, who was also picked up on a grand larceny indictment from a previous incident, was charged with one count of felony taking of a motor vehicle. His bond has been set at $12,500.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lincoln collection lands at MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY