January 9, 2017 11:10:38 AM
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested two last week for allegedly using stolen credit cards at local businesses.
Police took Desmun Jujuan Chandler, 24, of 1407 11th Ave. South, and Steffiene Dawyniece Anthony, 29, of 300 South Lehmberg Road, #77, into custody on Jan. 2, according to a press release from the Columbus Police Department.
Chandler allegedly broke into a vehicle to steal credit cards before he and Anthony began making purchases at multiple businesses, according to the press release.
Chandler was charged with burglary of an automobile, and he and Anthony were both charged with three counts each of fraudulent use of identification.
Both Chandler and Anthony are in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. Anthony's bond was set at $15,000, and Chandler was denied bond because he was out on a previous indictment when police arrested him last week.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lincoln collection lands at MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY