January 7, 2017 10:39:49 PM
A Starkville man faces a felony drug charge after he was picked up by U.S. marshals serving an unrelated warrant Thursday.
Demarcus L. Howard, 26, was charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
Howard was arrested at Louisville Apartments, located at 1200 Louisville St., as the Starkville Police Department assisted the marshal service.
SPD Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady referred questions about the original warrants to the U.S. Marshal Service, but a call to the law enforcement agency went unanswered Friday.
Howard posted a $5,444.25 bond and is due in Starkville Municipal Court on Feb. 6.
SPD released no additional details about the incident or the arrest.
Anyone with information about this or any other incident is asked to call SPD at 662-323-4131 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151. Crime Stoppers may offer a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY