January 7, 2017 10:39:49 PM
A Starkville man faces a felony drug charge after he was picked up by U.S. marshals serving an unrelated warrant Thursday.
Demarcus L. Howard, 26, was charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
Howard was arrested at Louisville Apartments, located at 1200 Louisville St., as the Starkville Police Department assisted the marshal service.
SPD Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady referred questions about the original warrants to the U.S. Marshal Service, but a call to the law enforcement agency went unanswered Friday.
Howard posted a $5,444.25 bond and is due in Starkville Municipal Court on Feb. 6.
SPD released no additional details about the incident or the arrest.
Anyone with information about this or any other incident is asked to call SPD at 662-323-4131 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151. Crime Stoppers may offer a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY