October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to postpone the trial of a man facing counts of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.
The Jan 23 indictment in the case says Tony Bailey had the drugs in March and April 2012 in Lowndes County. The trial is set for Oct. 15 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen.
Bailey has pleaded not guilty. In asking for a delay, Bailey's lawyer said he has received a substantial amount of evidence from prosecutors and needs more time to prepare.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY