October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to postpone the trial of a man facing counts of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.
The Jan 23 indictment in the case says Tony Bailey had the drugs in March and April 2012 in Lowndes County. The trial is set for Oct. 15 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen.
Bailey has pleaded not guilty. In asking for a delay, Bailey's lawyer said he has received a substantial amount of evidence from prosecutors and needs more time to prepare.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY