October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to postpone the trial of a man facing counts of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.
The Jan 23 indictment in the case says Tony Bailey had the drugs in March and April 2012 in Lowndes County. The trial is set for Oct. 15 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen.
Bailey has pleaded not guilty. In asking for a delay, Bailey's lawyer said he has received a substantial amount of evidence from prosecutors and needs more time to prepare.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY