October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to postpone the trial of a man facing counts of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.
The Jan 23 indictment in the case says Tony Bailey had the drugs in March and April 2012 in Lowndes County. The trial is set for Oct. 15 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen.
Bailey has pleaded not guilty. In asking for a delay, Bailey's lawyer said he has received a substantial amount of evidence from prosecutors and needs more time to prepare.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY