October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to postpone the trial of a man facing counts of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.
The Jan 23 indictment in the case says Tony Bailey had the drugs in March and April 2012 in Lowndes County. The trial is set for Oct. 15 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen.
Bailey has pleaded not guilty. In asking for a delay, Bailey's lawyer said he has received a substantial amount of evidence from prosecutors and needs more time to prepare.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY