October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities in Monroe County say a traffic stop ended with the arrest of two men on drug charges.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell tells WTVA that 31-year-old Travis Wayne Wells of Aberdeen and 26-year-old James Austin Holland of Nettleton were booked Friday with possession of a controlled substance.
They were arrested after a traffic stop on Will Robbins Highway and were booked at the Monroe County jail, the sheriff says.
It was not immediately clear whether either suspect has an attorney.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY