September 22, 2013 12:11:04 AM
JACKSON -- The U.S. Labor Department has awarded $4.95 million in grants to develop job training programs at two community colleges in Mississippi.
East Mississippi Community College will receive $2.7 million and Hinds Community College will received $2.2 million. The schools will be part of a consortium led by Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois. The total grant was $23.8 million.
The community colleges will work with employers to identify the most pressing needs for job training in Mississippi such as manufacturing, transportation and health care.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY