September 22, 2013 12:11:04 AM
JACKSON -- The U.S. Labor Department has awarded $4.95 million in grants to develop job training programs at two community colleges in Mississippi.
East Mississippi Community College will receive $2.7 million and Hinds Community College will received $2.2 million. The schools will be part of a consortium led by Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois. The total grant was $23.8 million.
The community colleges will work with employers to identify the most pressing needs for job training in Mississippi such as manufacturing, transportation and health care.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY