September 22, 2013 12:11:04 AM
JACKSON -- The U.S. Labor Department has awarded $4.95 million in grants to develop job training programs at two community colleges in Mississippi.
East Mississippi Community College will receive $2.7 million and Hinds Community College will received $2.2 million. The schools will be part of a consortium led by Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois. The total grant was $23.8 million.
The community colleges will work with employers to identify the most pressing needs for job training in Mississippi such as manufacturing, transportation and health care.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS