September 22, 2013 12:11:04 AM
JACKSON -- The U.S. Labor Department has awarded $4.95 million in grants to develop job training programs at two community colleges in Mississippi.
East Mississippi Community College will receive $2.7 million and Hinds Community College will received $2.2 million. The schools will be part of a consortium led by Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois. The total grant was $23.8 million.
The community colleges will work with employers to identify the most pressing needs for job training in Mississippi such as manufacturing, transportation and health care.
1. One sibling dead, alert issued for another COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Missing Caledonia toddler found safe in Georgia COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus kid makes his pitch COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Arrest report: 4-22-14 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two MSU players arrested for robbery, burglary STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY