July 11, 2013 10:20:54 AM
The Mississippi Historical Records Advisory Board has awarded a $500 travel grant to Derek Webb of Columbus for the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Aug. 11- 17.
Webb began work as the university archivist at the Mississippi University for Women Archives in Columbus in October of 2012. He has developed policies and procedures to align the archives with current practices, provided more accessibility to researchers, and written successful grants.
As North America's oldest and largest national archival professional association, the SAA seeks to enable archivists to achieve professional excellence and foster innovation to ensure the identification, preservation, and use of records of enduring value.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY