July 11, 2013 10:20:54 AM
The Mississippi Historical Records Advisory Board has awarded a $500 travel grant to Derek Webb of Columbus for the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Aug. 11- 17.
Webb began work as the university archivist at the Mississippi University for Women Archives in Columbus in October of 2012. He has developed policies and procedures to align the archives with current practices, provided more accessibility to researchers, and written successful grants.
As North America's oldest and largest national archival professional association, the SAA seeks to enable archivists to achieve professional excellence and foster innovation to ensure the identification, preservation, and use of records of enduring value.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY