February 19, 2013 5:24:41 PM
The Columbus City Council unanimously voted to appoint Angela Verdell, director of diversity programs and student development at MSU's Bagley College of Engineering, to the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees Tuesday night at the council's regular meeting.
Gene Taylor made the motion and Kabir Karriem seconded it.
Verdell replaces board president and long-term board member Tommy Prude.
The full report of council activity will appear in print and online Wednesday.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY