February 19, 2013 5:24:41 PM
The Columbus City Council unanimously voted to appoint Angela Verdell, director of diversity programs and student development at MSU's Bagley College of Engineering, to the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees Tuesday night at the council's regular meeting.
Gene Taylor made the motion and Kabir Karriem seconded it.
Verdell replaces board president and long-term board member Tommy Prude.
The full report of council activity will appear in print and online Wednesday.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY