February 19, 2013 5:24:41 PM
The Columbus City Council unanimously voted to appoint Angela Verdell, director of diversity programs and student development at MSU's Bagley College of Engineering, to the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees Tuesday night at the council's regular meeting.
Gene Taylor made the motion and Kabir Karriem seconded it.
Verdell replaces board president and long-term board member Tommy Prude.
The full report of council activity will appear in print and online Wednesday.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY