February 19, 2013 5:24:41 PM
The Columbus City Council unanimously voted to appoint Angela Verdell, director of diversity programs and student development at MSU's Bagley College of Engineering, to the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees Tuesday night at the council's regular meeting.
Gene Taylor made the motion and Kabir Karriem seconded it.
Verdell replaces board president and long-term board member Tommy Prude.
The full report of council activity will appear in print and online Wednesday.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY