February 2, 2013 8:49:43 PM
STARKVILLE -- Two more candidates have qualified to seek seats on the Starkville Board of Aldermen in the 2013 municipal elections.
Current Ward 6 Aldermen Roy A. Perkins looks to retain his seat for a sixth term this year. Along with serving on the Board of Aldermen, Perkins is an attorney in Starkville. Since winning his seat on the board in 1993, Perkins has run unopposed and, so far, he is the only candidate to qualify for the 2013 election.
In Ward 4, Jason Walker, a member of the Starkville Planning and Zoning Commission and a Mississippi State University landscape architecture associate professor, has also qualified to run to fill the seat currently held by Richard Corey. Corey announce in September that he would not seek reelection.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville aldermen sending potential case against former officer to DA's office STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY