January 23, 2013 9:39:55 AM
The following arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Jan. 18-19:
■ Lamar Williams, 32, of 205 Lawrence Drive, was arrested by LCSO Jan. 18 and charged with grand larceny, more than $500. He has not been released.
■ Christopher Eugene Murphree, 38, of 127 Beck Drive, was arrested by LCSO Jan. 19 and charged with speeding, resisting arrest, driving without insurance, driving with a switched tag, driving under the influence, refusal to take a DUI test and fleeing or eluding in a motor vehicle. He has not been released. His court date is scheduled for Feb. 26.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY