January 23, 2013 9:39:55 AM
The following arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Jan. 18-19:
■ Lamar Williams, 32, of 205 Lawrence Drive, was arrested by LCSO Jan. 18 and charged with grand larceny, more than $500. He has not been released.
■ Christopher Eugene Murphree, 38, of 127 Beck Drive, was arrested by LCSO Jan. 19 and charged with speeding, resisting arrest, driving without insurance, driving with a switched tag, driving under the influence, refusal to take a DUI test and fleeing or eluding in a motor vehicle. He has not been released. His court date is scheduled for Feb. 26.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY