January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY