January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY