January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSMS director: 'We will be a top 10 high school' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Supervisors appoint LINK committee members COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY