January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Registering their dissent: Nearly 1,000 attend Women's March in Jackson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY