January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY