January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY