January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY