January 21, 2013 10:23:50 AM
Mississippi's two largest universities are joining forces to enhance the recruitment and professional preparation of middle school and high school teachers.
The "Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program" initiative is designed to raise the prestige and perception of the teaching profession among undergraduates at the University of Mississippi and MSU. The universities would like to focus on attracting more academically talented students to the profession.
Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Daniel Jones will make the announcement Tuesday at the Institutions of Higher Learning in Jackson.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY