January 10, 2013 9:17:35 AM
Burr & Forman LLP Birmingham partner, Jason Woodard will be sworn into office on January 16, 2013 as a bankruptcy judge in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Mississippi.
Woodard focused his legal practice on financial and bankruptcy matters, and has extensive experience in the representation of clients in distressed debt situations, typically secured creditors in the bankruptcy, receivership, foreclosure and out-of-court workout arenas. He is a past chairman of the Birmingham Bar's Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section and formerly sat on the board of directors for the Birmingham Bar Foundation and the executive committee for the Birmingham Bar Association. Woodard is a member of both the Turnaround Management Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He is a past recipient of the American Bankruptcy Institute's Medal of Excellence. Active in the Birmingham community, Woodard served as chairman of the board of directors and later as president of the Advisory Board for Hands on Birmingham.
Woodard is frequently recognized by his peers for his excellence in legal service, and has earned accolades from Martindale-Hubbell, The Best Lawyers in America and Alabama Super Lawyers. He received both his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Alabama. Upon taking the bench, Woodard will be among the youngest bankruptcy judges in the country.
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY