December 24, 2012 10:18:51 AM
A fatal car accident on Highway 12 in Lowndes County claimed the life of an Alabama man Sunday morning.
William "Bill" Mixson, 65, of Sulligent, was driving his midsize Chevrolet pick-up east on Highway 12 when he traveled into oncoming traffic and hit a vehicle head on. Mixson's truck was then struck by another vehicle.
He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the accident is still under investigation.
The other drivers were unharmed.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY