December 20, 2012 4:25:19 PM
Starkville physician Dr. Jim Brown has been honored for his impact on the ophthalmology profession. He recently received the Secretariat Award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
The award recognizes special contributions to the Academy and ophthalmology. Nominees have provided service and effort out of proportion to other volunteers. Dr. Brown was selected for the honor by the Academy's secretary for state affairs, secretary for federal affairs, medical director of health policy and senior secretary for advocacy.
Dr. Brown has been an officer of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, and he currently serves as Chief of Staff at Oktibbeha County Hospital. In 2011, he was one of 19 ophthalmologists selected nationwide for the AAO's prestigious year-long leadership training program.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY