December 20, 2012 4:25:19 PM
Starkville physician Dr. Jim Brown has been honored for his impact on the ophthalmology profession. He recently received the Secretariat Award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
The award recognizes special contributions to the Academy and ophthalmology. Nominees have provided service and effort out of proportion to other volunteers. Dr. Brown was selected for the honor by the Academy's secretary for state affairs, secretary for federal affairs, medical director of health policy and senior secretary for advocacy.
Dr. Brown has been an officer of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, and he currently serves as Chief of Staff at Oktibbeha County Hospital. In 2011, he was one of 19 ophthalmologists selected nationwide for the AAO's prestigious year-long leadership training program.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY