December 20, 2012 4:25:19 PM
Starkville physician Dr. Jim Brown has been honored for his impact on the ophthalmology profession. He recently received the Secretariat Award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
The award recognizes special contributions to the Academy and ophthalmology. Nominees have provided service and effort out of proportion to other volunteers. Dr. Brown was selected for the honor by the Academy's secretary for state affairs, secretary for federal affairs, medical director of health policy and senior secretary for advocacy.
Dr. Brown has been an officer of the Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, and he currently serves as Chief of Staff at Oktibbeha County Hospital. In 2011, he was one of 19 ophthalmologists selected nationwide for the AAO's prestigious year-long leadership training program.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY