April 12, 2018 6:00:24 PM
- On the personnel front: defensive lineman Marquiss Spencer was back, presumably done tending to the family matter that kept him away from the Saturday scrimmage and Tuesday practice. So while MSU now has all three guys that were missing from the last scrimmage, wide receiver Stephen Guidry and cornerback Jamal Peters being the other two, it was without a new one: tight end Powers Warren. He was in the red jersey that's also been donned by wide receiver Keith Mixon all spring, doing some light therapy work. I didn't notice any extra taping or brace that would indicate what this injury might be.
- Something interesting: MSU threw a five-wide receiver formation out there today with Kylin Hill in the inside slot to the three-wide side. It's only one route we were allowed to see, so who knows how comfortable he feels in that role, but I like where their heads are at.
- Finally, I noticed Guidry getting a lot of 1-on-1 time with wide receivers coach Luke Getsy. This was coming during the special teams period to begin practice, which Guidry has never been a part of. I don't know if that's because the coaching staff has no projected role for him on special teams, his shoulder injury or both, but a byproduct of it was getting Getsy to personally work with Guidry on several routes.
3. Columbus Art Walk Downtown Thursday is Top 20 Event ENTERTAINMENT
5. MSU history department to host WWII workshop Monday ENTERTAINMENT