March 29, 2018 6:03:03 PM
I must admit, I didn't expect to have such a loaded practice report, but sometimes the going is good. Here we go:
- Recently, I noted that wide receiver Reggie Todd wasn't necessarily limited, but not as involved as most other wide receivers with heavy wrapping around his right knee. Now his knee was only covered with something that kind of looked like turf tape and he was a little more active today.
- Bigger injury news: tight end Christian Roberson and wide receiver Malik Dear were not practicing today. They were in the full-on no-practice red jerseys, which previously belonged solely to wide receiver Keith Mixon (who is still in that red jersey). We don't currently know why Dear and Roberson are out, but Joe Moorhead talks to the media tonight and I plan on asking.
- Still no sign of safety Brandon Bryant. Moorhead said at the beginning of spring he was dealing with an academic issue and made it clear it was an indefinite absence. Not the best of timing for Bryant with Mark McLaurin, Johnathan Abram and Brian Cole out there getting every single rep.
- The installation process is growing for Bob Shoop's defense: I saw them getting into some complex blitzes today, some double linebacker stuff and some cornerback blitzes. It's fun to see that after a couple of weeks of nothing but base concepts. The defensive line got some stunting work done in its individual drills, too.
- As you saw in the video above, freshman wide receiver Devonta "Whop" Jason was getting some work at punt return today. I don't remember seeing that in the four practices before this one.
- Let's cap it with a random note: I've seen Kameron Jones at pretty much every practice this spring. He is the Starkville High School offensive lineman that was going to go Louisiana-Lafayette but MSU made a offer to him on Signing Day, couldn't have been more than an hour before he was scheduled to sign with the Cajuns.
3. Columbus Art Walk Downtown Thursday is Top 20 Event ENTERTAINMENT
5. MSU history department to host WWII workshop Monday ENTERTAINMENT