July 29, 2012
Laura Loftin and Eric Swartz, both of Round Rock, Texas, were married May 4, 2012, at 6 p.m. at Casa Blanca in Round Rock. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roger Loftin of Carlsbad, Calif., and Gail Johnson of Jackson, Tenn. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Neil Goddard of Carlsbad. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore an ivory strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and pleated bodice, with a double satin bow and rhinestone pin. Katie Loftin of Medina, Tenn., and Emily Loftin of Austin, Texas, both sisters of the bride, served as maids of honor. Bridesmaids were Abby Gregory and Stephanie Bryant, both of Memphis, Tenn., and Meghan Martin of Atlanta. The bridesmaids wore strapless champagne colored gowns, with ruched bodices. Ashlyn Loftin of Flower Mound, Texas, niece of the bride; and Sally and Shelby Stafford of Columbus, nieces of the groom, served as flower girls. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Larry Swartz of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Odlaug Swartz of Columbus and the late Mr. Robert Swartz, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Homer W. Kerr of Starkville. Aaron Curtis of Starkville served as best man. Groomsmen were Garrett Loftin of Flower Mound, brother of the bride; John Isaac Stafford of Columbus, nephew of the groom; Scott Ingram of Biloxi; Bo Shelton of Columbus; and Chance Holder of Sandy, Utah. Carter Loftin of Flower Mound, nephew of the bride, served as ringbearer. Following a wedding trip to Kauawi, Hawaii, the couple resides in Dallas, where the bride is a veterinarian and the groom is in law enforcement supply.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY